Skip To Content
AVVO Reviews Best Law Firms - Standard Badge

Did You Violate Your Probation?

By Daniel T. Geherin

A violation of probation can be earth-shattering. Judges can revoke your probation and sentence you to the maximum jail or prison sentence (and perhaps enter the conviction if under a deferred sentence). Judges can reinstate probation and impose some incarceration. Best-case scenario, judges can issue a warning and reinstate your probation. 

What constitutes a violation? Failure to do the things the judge ordered, doing what the judge prohibited, or being arrested for a new criminal offense while on probation. Those people who are charged with a probation violation (often called a Show-Cause), definitely should consider contacting an attorney. 

For criminal defense in Ann Arbor or throughout Washtenaw County, please contact Dan Geherin and his firm at GLG Michigan. We're available 24/7, and we will put our 25+ years criminal justice experience to work in protecting your interests.  Contact Us, or call 24/7 (734) 263-2780

"I have had limited interface with the legal system previously, but what I had prior to Dan was largely negative. Dan was completely opposite. He took time to explain what was happening, was willing to answer my questions, and helped me clearly navigate through the legal process. Certainly happy and beyond satisfied with my choice of hiring him as an attorney." - Spencer H.

Read more of our Reviews

GLG Michigan: Handling criminal cases throughout Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County and Southeastern Michigan.